I have before mentioned, that at the time when Shah Hoosain had returned to Bukkur, a petition came from the Ameers of Tatta, saying that Khungar was preparing to come against them. Shah Hoosain immediately went in that direction with expedition. On arriving near it, ambassadors came to him from Khungar, saying: “My relation Ameer Amravee was formerly slain in your quarrels: my people collected to take their revenge, but you had gone to take Mooltan, and I preserved your reputation in not coming upon your families at that time. Now it is necessary for you to make peace, and to give me a portion of Sind; if not I will make war with you.” Meerza Shah Hoosain replied: “There is no other language for me except war. The plain which I coloured with the blood of Ameer Amravee still retains the mark of the blood of him, and before your arrival, I am coming there.” Shah Hoosain, leaving some troops at Tatta to protect the families, marched against Khungar. Having passed the intermediate space, he came near Kutch, where the failure of grain came upon his army, from which his people became much distressed. Shah Hoosain and all his chiefs agreed that it was advisable for them to attack Khungar from four directions, and that whoever by chance first felt him, those who were near should come to his assistance. The first of these bodies directed upon the enemy was that of Sultan Mahomed Khan Bukree; the second was that of Meer Furookh; in the centre was Shah Hoosain himself; and with the fourth were Meerza Eesa and Meer Abeek. Khungar only received news of Shah Hoosain alone coming with a weak force, so he marched with 10,000 men, horse and foot, in his direction. By chance, marching along, the noise of the beating of Nugarahs reached the ears of Sultan Mahomed, who said to his men: “The noise of the Nugarah comes to my ears.” All expressed their wonder at such being heard in the jungle. He then again heard the noise, and sent some people to the top of a hill, to look about, and bring the news. These brought word that Khungar was moving with a large force towards Shah Hoosain. The Meerza, having heard of the approach of the enemy towards him, marched quickly with his troops to meet him. In the mean time Sultan Mahomed, having come across, arrived in front of Khungar. He then sent a stirrup-holder to Shah Hoosain, saying: “Do not advance from where you are; God willing, I will not allow him to come upon you.” He also sent a Kosid to Meer Furookh, to come up quick. When Khungar’s forces came in sight of their foes, they dismounted from their horses, forming lines, and taking their shields and spears in their hands, tied themselves to each other by the ends of their waistcloths. Sultan Mahomed directed the brave men with him to take nothing in their hands but their bows and arrows. In this manner there was good fighting for two or three hours. Khungar’s two leading lines became food for the eagles of the brave men of Sultan Mahomed like pigeons; the remainder of his troops placed their faces in the direction of flight, and those, running away, came upon Meer Furookh, who made grass of them with his sabres. The troops remained there that night; the next morning the whole went forth to plunder the villages and country, making many prisoners, and numbers of horses, cattle of all sorts, and property of various kinds, fell into the hands of the sepoys. Shah Hoosain, returning with victory, arrived at Tatta.