Ooch having been taken by the Meerza, Ikbal Khan came to him, saying that there was much treasure buried in Dilawur; that the wealth collected by many kings was concealed there. Shah Hoosain wrote a letter to Ghazee Khan, saying: “Now I have come to the country of Ooch, it is proper for you that you and all your people, putting the rings of obedience to me in your ears, present yourselves before me without any delay.”

But Ghazee Khan wrapped his foot in the sheet of independence, and gaining support from the strength of his fort, he did not go to him. The result of this was as follows.

On the morning of Friday the 1st of Rujub, the Meerza issued orders, that it was necessary for the troops to provide themselves with grain and water for one month’s consumption. This being prepared, he turned the bridle of his departure in the direction of Dilawur. Soonbool Khan, with horsemen, gunners, and footmen, and slaves, got there in advance, and making places for his tents about the fort, he distributed batteries. He took a great deal of labour in surrounding and attacking the place.

Certainly this fort is such, that its walls are equal in height to Alex­ander’s wall, and it is built in such a desert, that the eyes of the birds of the air, on account of there not being one drop of water in that desert, always look towards the clouds of heaven.

These men, working hard, made there a hundred wells in that desert in three days, and there was an abundance of water. On the fourth day, Shah Hoosain arrived, and surrounding the fort, made it his centre. He commenced doing everything that was necessary to take it, and there was fighting on both sides. After some days had passed in this manner, agitation came upon the hearts of the garrison; from no place did aid arrive, and many days had been passed in fighting, and this still continued. Their distress for food was so great that a boiled skin was not to be had, though wished for a hundred times. Soonbool Khan, having made mines on two sides, blew up the town in front of a gate. The garrison, see­ing the face of death, began to throw shells and fireballs. When the battle was raging very fiercely, the brave men, losing their heads, ascended the towers, killing and wounding numbers of the garrison; making prisoners those who escaped from the sword. Having taken the fort, Shah Hoosain placed men of trust over the treasure, and the following morning he divided much money amongst his sepoys; and placing his own share in the treasury, he turned his bridle in the direc­tion of Ooch and Bukkur. He arrived at Bukkur in fifteen days, and getting there, he was very happy.