On the death of Jam Oonnur, the people of Summah, giving the Jamee title to Joonuh, placed him on the seat of their Sirdaree. He, intending to take the whole of Sind, sent his brethren and relatives, with great kindness, appointing them over different places; then, crossing the river at Tuluhtee, began beating, looting, and destroying all the Ryuts, towns, and villages, under Bukkur. The Hakeem of Bukkur fought two or three times desperately with those people, but the Toorks had not strength to meet the men of Summah; so, being helpless, they left Bukkur and went to Ooch. When Jam Joonuh heard of their flight, he quickly went to Bukkur, and made his arrangements. In short, for many years he reigned absolute, until Sultan Ula-ood-deen, appointing his brother Ulug Khan to Mooltan, he sent Taj-ood-deen Kafooree, and Tatar Khan, to expel him. Before these hostile forces arrived, Jam Joonuh had died of the quinsey, having reigned thirteen years.

When the Sultan’s troops came to Bukkur, and had taken it, and also Sehwistan, at that time the chief Sirdars placed Jam Tumachee, the son of Jam Oonnur, on the throne. Then there was a battle between him and the troops of the Sultan, who, taking him prisoner, conveyed him and all his family to Delhi, where he remained in confinement. The tribe of Summah remained at Thuree; but the officials of Jam Oonnur, keeping the affairs of state in their hands, exerted themselves in every matter. After the death of Jam Tumachee, his son Jam Khair-ood-deen, who in infancy went to Delhi, came to Sind, and, sitting over the government, took possession of it. A short time after this, when Sultan Mahomed Shah, by the way of Guzerat, came to Sind, he called Jam Khair-ood-deen to come and make his Salaam; but he did not obey, because he had spent a long time confined in the state prison at Delhi. Sultan Mahomed Shah died near Tatta.

After his decease, by his will Sultan Pheroz Shah sat on the king’s throne, and went to Delhi, Jam Khair-ood-deen following him as far as Sind in Sehwistan, from whence he turned back; but the fact of his having followed him remained in the heart of the Sultan. After Sultan Pheroz Shah left Sind, Jam Khair-ood-deen spread the carpet of justice, and exerted himself to make the Ryuts happy.

Historians have mentioned a rare action of this magnificent Jam— that one day, with his attendants, he went for exercise to the jungle. By chance, as he was going along, he saw in a hole the bones of men, so, pulling the bridle, he stopped his horse, and after looking for a minute at the decayed bones, he turned his head round and said— “Do you know what these bones say to me?” His attendants, bending down their heads, remained silent. Then said the Jam: “These are inspired people, and they want justice.” The Jam then turned his attention to discovering the circumstances of those bones of the dead, and calling a very old man, in whose hands the land was, he asked him about them; when this old man told him that “Sixty years ago, a Kafila came here from Guzerat, when they were destroyed by a certain tribe, who took away their property, much of which is with them now.” When the Jam heard this, he gave orders to collect that property; when such as was found being gathered together, he sent a man of trust with it to the ruler of Guzerat, desiring that it might be restored to the heirs of those who had been killed; and, in retaliation, he destroyed those by whom they had suffered.

Several years after this, he left this transitory world, and went to the world eternal.