This was the youngest son of Sultan Mahomed Shah. When Sul­tan Ula-ood-deen died, some of the nobles went away towards their Jageers, without asking permission to leave. When Khan Jehan, the chief minister of the late Sultan Mahomed Shah, heard of this, by argument he brought them back to the city. On the 20th of Jumadee-ool-Awul, 796 (A. D. 1393), by the exertions of the Ameers and influential men, Sultan Nasir-ood-deen ascended the throne, in the palace of Hoomayoon. He received the title of Sultan Nasir-ood-deen Mahomed Shah. He confirmed in their situations and salaries the chief minister, the nobles, and officials, the same as they had enjoyed under his father. He gave the title of Moogurub Khan to Moogurub Mulik, naming him as his heir. To Khan Jehan he gave the title of Sultanut Ushruf, giving into his keeping the country from Kanoge to Behar, and he dismissed him, attended by a large force. The government of all that country he left to him. Khan Jehan became very powerful there, getting all the Zemindars under his authority, and rebuilding forts which had been destroyed; and the Kings of Bengal, and other neighbouring chiefs, presented gifts and rarities to Mahomed Shah, as they had formerly been in the habit of giving to Pheroz Shah.

In that year the Sultan gave orders to Sarung Khan to take Daibul­poor, Mooltan, and Sind. At that time Shakha Khokur was creat­ing disturbances at and about Lahore; upon hearing of which Sarung Khan went in that direction. As he drew near, Shakha Khokur went forth with many men, and at 12 koss from Lahore the two forces met and fought. By the kindness of God, the wind of victory struck the standards of Sarung Khan. Shakha Khokur, being defeated, fled to the hills of Jumoo. On the day following, Sarung Khan took possession of the fort of Lahore, and all it contained. He gave the title of Adil Khan to his brother Mulik Khundoo, and leaving him there, he himself marched upon Daibulpoor.

After this, in Shaban of the same year, 796 (A. D. 1393), Sultan Mahomed Shah, leaving Moogurub Khan, with men of trust, and a large force, at Delhi, went in the direction of Gwalior, on approaching which, Mulik Ula-ood-deen Dharwal, Moobaruk Khan the son of Mulik Rajoo, and Muloo the brother of Sarung Khan, were projecting some treachery. Suadut Khan, hearing of this, he seized and hung Mulik Ula-ood-deen and Moobaruk Khan. Muloo, being seized with fear on hearing of this, went to the Sultan, but seeing that he was angry, by soft artifice he withdrew, and leaving the army, returned to Delhi, where he made many enemies to the king. The Sultan and Suadut Khan came and surrounded the city, when there was daily fighting for three months. The agents of Moogurub Khan then by deceit induced the Sultan to leave Suadut Khan, and to enter the city. When Suadut Khan saw that his plans were destroyed, and that it would be difficult for him alone to take the place, the more so as it was the rainy season, he broke up from thence, and went to Pherozabad. On arriving there, with the concurrence of good men, in Rubee-ool-Awul, 797 (A. D. 1394), he brought Nusrut Shah, the son of Pheroz Khan, the son of Sultan Pheroz Shah, from Mewat, and put him on the throne at Pherozabad, with the title of Nasir-ood-deen Nusrut Shah.

The royal Ameers were annoyed at seeing Nusrut Shah so quickly placed on the throne: on this account they attacked Suadut Khan when he was unprepared. He, being unable to fight, made his escape, seeking refuge with Moogurub Khan, who seized and killed him. After this, the Ameers, with Nusrut Shah, viz. Mahomed Zufur Khan, Shubab-ood-deen Fuzl-ool-lah Beekhee, and the slaves of Pheroz Shah, being without remedy, paid fresh homage to him, and took much country.

Sultan Nasir-ood-deen Mahomed Shah was very much distressed at the perfidy of the Ameers and the army— he did not know what to do. There was constant fighting between the troops of the two parties. In the year 798 (A. D. 1395), enmity arose between Sarung Khan, who was over Daibulpoor and Mooltan, and Khizur Khan, the Hakeem of Mooltan, when the adherents of Mulik Bhittee, joining, gave strength to Sarung Khan, and he took Mooltan. In Rumzan 799 (A. D. 1396), he went to Delhi with a large force. The nobles, collecting their forces, marched forth to drive him back. In short, in the month of Mohurrum 800 (A. D. 1397), the two forces met, and Sarung Khan, being defeated, retreated to Mooltan. On account of the enmity of the two princes, the country had become divided, and without arrangement at that time. In the month Rubee-ool-Awul 800 (A. D. 1397), Meerza Peer Mahomed, the grandson of Ameer Taimoor Saheb Kiran, crossing the waters of the Punjab, surrounded the fort of Ooch. Mulik Ali, the Hakeem there on the part of Sarung Khan, held his post, fighting for one month, when Sarung Khan sent 4,000 horsemen to the rescue, with Mulik Taj-ood-deen. On hearing of this, the Meerza, leaving Ooch, marched to meet him. The Mulik was defeated, when Meerza at once advanced upon, and surrounded Mooltan. Sarung Khan fought him daily for six months, after which he asked for quarters, and surrendered. Hav­ing conquered Mooltan, Meerza Peer Mahomed remained some time in that country.

When, in Shuwal 800 (A. D. 1397), the royal Ameers heard of the doings and of the strength of the Meerza, they assembled at the tomb of Shaikh Kootb-ood-deen Ruktirjor Kakee, and entering into a compact amongst themselves, they became superior in strength to their king, being united amongst themselves. The people of Sind ceased attending to the orders of the Kings of Delhi, when Saheb Kiran, following his grandson Meerza Peer Mahomed, arrived at Mooltan in Sufur 801 (A. D. 1398), when he administered justice to all who had been confined by Peer Mahomed. After this, the Hakeems of Sind did not obey the orders of the Kings of Delhi— every one made himself strong on his own account, in the manner I now relate.