I have before said that Keshoo Khan came to Bukkur in Jumadee-ool-Awul 982 (A. D. 1574). He brought a Firman to this effect:— “Divide Bukkur equally between Mohib Ali Khan and Mojahid Khan; then you are to go to Tatta, and seize Meerza Mahomed Bagee.” At this time Mojahid Khan was at Gunjabah. Hearing of the arrival of Keshoo Khan, he quickly went towards Bukkur, but before his arrival Keshoo Khan had determined to turn his friends out of Sukkur. Mojahid Khan’s men said they would not leave before his return, but Keshoo Khan did not approve of this, and sending some of his men there, they quarrelled with those of Mojahid Khan, near a wall which he had built, when several were killed and wounded on both sides. Three days after this affray, Mojahid Khan came, and taking his men to Roree, Keshoo Khan occupied Sukkur, and the neighbouring country. Mohib Ali and Mojahid Khan held Roree and Tiggur, but their men were heart­broken. About that time, some of the Urghoons, deserting them, came to Bukkur, when they were put to death by Keshoo Khan, through the backbiting of Shah Baba, the son of Meerza Jan Baba Turkhan. Keshoo Khan had a bad disposition: one day a Tumachee, who was incon­siderate in the assembly, he put in irons. Two months after his return, Mojahid Khan went against Tatta, leaving the families at Roree with Mohib Ali.

At the instigation of the men of Bukkur, Keshoo Khan determined to send a force against Roree. On Friday the 3rd Ramzan, 962 (A. D. 1554), he divided his army into two divisions: one of them he sent down towards the gardens below Roree, the other he directed across above by the shrine of Khwaja Khizur. Mohib Ali’s men, mounting, went towards the Eedgah. Keshoo Khan’s men set on fire Mojahid Khan’s boats, seeing which, Mohib Ali Khan’s troops returned in the direction of the ground they had left. At this time, the division which had gone below Roree came in front of these, and commenced throwing fire-balls, by which the town was fired in several directions. Mohib Ali Khan, then mounting his horse, pursued the road of flight. The men of Bukkur, having surrounded Roree, plundered it till near sunset, capturing the standard and Nugarah of Mohib Ali Khan.

When Mojahid Khan heard of this, he quickly returned with much dejection, and for fear of the king he did not attempt to molest Keshoo Khan, who sat in his government, conducting himself improperly.

When Ukbar Shah heard of what Keshoo Khan had done, he gave Bukkur in Jageer to Nuwab Tursoon Mahomed Saif-ool-Moolk, some of whose Sirdars came to Roree in Mohurrum 983 (A. D. 1575). They sent a copy of the royal Firman to Keshoo Khan, who in the first instance put these off, but many people coming between, he sent some of the priests with them to these chiefs, to give them advice. The Sirdars, requesting them to sit down, said: “For the sake of God, write and acquaint the king of our condition.” The priests replied that they could not do so, unless Keshoo Khan was present. The Sirdars said: “Keshoo Khan’s Vukeels are present; write the truth before them: we do not ask you to do more.” Upon this, they began to write. Keshoo Khan, hearing of this, became alarmed, seeing that his affairs would be ruined; therefore he sent word that he was willing to give up the fort, and there was no necessity for writing to the king. The chiefs sent back word to him, that the letter for the Badshah was written, and that the seals of the priests would be affixed, and that it would be despatched, if he did not at once deliver up the fort. Keshoo Khan, being helpless, these Sirdars entered the fortress.

Keshoo Khan had received the royal order to take an account of the property of Sultan Mahomed in company with these Sirdars, and the chief priests, whose seals were to be affixed to the account. This was done. Agreeably to the orders of the king, the family of Sultan Mahomed Khan prepared to leave Bukkur. His senior wife, the sister of Khan Jehan, went to Lahore, as directed. Certain confidential servants of Ukbar Shah came for the rest of his family, and for the treasure. They intended leaving on the 1st Rujub, 983 (A. D. 1575), and to go by the way of Nagore.

When Nuwab Tursoon was preparing to start for Bukkur, having taken his leave, some of the nobles said it was not proper to place the family of Saif-ool-Moolk on the borders of the country. The king, agreeing to this, removed him from Bukkur, making him the Governor of Agra. A royal order was sent to Bunwaleedas, directing him to superintend Bukkur, and to make arrangements for the country. After this, to increase his confidence, Ukbar Shah sent Meer Syud Mahomed Uadul to govern Bukkur. He also made him chief of the priests there, because he was a Syud, and a man of learning.

He arrived on the 11th Ramzan, when he was received with much distinction by the priests, and every one else. He gave 50,000 Beegas of land to the Syuds, the men of learning, and the priests, for their subsistence: these were very happy during his time. He marched a force to Seebee.

The Mungnejuhs of Gagree becoming rebellious, opposed his men, for he oppressed the Ryuts more than usual, appraising with the Kun­koot (the rope measure) the good and the bad land equally, making the Ryut pay five maunds of grain for each Beega alike. The overseers or watchmen conducted themselves harshly, with a tight hand towards the cultivators. Meer Uadul’s men got into a small fort between Gunbut and Vejuran, where the Mungnejuhs, without respect, shot arrows at them, killing several. In this fort there was one well, into which they cast the dead bodies of both Musulmans and Kafirs. They then filled it up with earth.

Meer Uadul, hearing of this, was much enraged; and calling his troops from Seebee, he sent them to take revenge on the men of Gagree, who fled, leaving their country before they had received much punish­ment. Syud Meer Uadul’s son, Syud Abdool Fazul, who commanded the troops, followed them some way, and then came back to Bukkur. Shortly after this, Meer Uadul was bled in the arm. Much blood flowed from the wound: he was in a bad state of body, and on the 8th Shaban, 984 (A. D. 1576), he died.