As the spectacle of that ever-vernal flower garden—which leads every one else to self-indulgence—made H.M. more zealous in devotion to the Creator, and as he had gathered some delight from travelling in it; and had made the peasantry and the soldiery joy­ful, he decided to return. Though the attractions of the climate, and the abundance of flowers and fruit shut off the road of escape, yet wisdom prevailed and prevented him from staying longer. On 1 Amardad, 11 July, 1589, the anchor was raised and he set* sail. The Paklī route was kept before his eyes. He travelled 3 kos 25 poles, and halted opposite Nandīmarg. On this day Abiyā* paid his respects, and was received with favour. As Y'aqūb Kashmīrī—who had in some measure awaked from his slumbers, perceived the majesty of the Shahinshah, and wished to pay his respects, H. M. made the arrivals happy, and sent them back satisfied. But as Y'aqūb was impressed by the greatness of his crimes, he had not the courage to come in, but sent his brother, in order that the good news of pardon might reach him, and might ease his fears. The brother returned after succeeding in his wishes. Next day he spent in the same delightful spot. On the morning following he departed, and 553 after travelling 4 kos 59 poles, he encamped near Joras (?).* On this day some ladies arrived from the great camp, and paid their respects. Āṣaf K., Khwāja Daulat, and others, did homage. Here a privy council was held, and the expedition to Kabul was decided upon. After one (day's) halt, he travelled 5 kos and halted near Pampūr. One day afterwards, he travelled 4 kos, 36 poles, and stopped near the Koh-i-Sulaimān.

On this day he paid a visit of consolation to Muḥibb Āli K.* and gave some pleasure to him, who was prepared for the last journey. Then he got into a small boat and proceeded towards the city. His only object was to exalt by consolation Amīr Fatḥ Ullah Shīrāzī who had been ill from his first coming to the city, and had been unable to accompany H.M. on the excursion. H.M. came to the bedside of that chosen member of wisdom's family, and spoke graciously. Next day he halted. The days of Muḥibb 'Alī were ended. One said to to him, “Say there is no God except God.” He, who had long refrained from speech, now said, “ 'Tis not a time to say Lā Ullah (with­out God). 'Tis a time to fix all one's heart on God (bā-ullah).” H.M., who appreciated merit, grieved for him and showed kindness to his family.

On 9 Amardād (about 19th July, 1589) H.M. travelled three kos and encamped after passing through Srinagar. On the way, his boat collided with a bridge, but by God's protection no damage resulted. After two days more he travelled 4 kos 60 poles, and encamped at Shihābu-d-dīnpūr.* Here Sultan Qoresh of Kāshghar arrived and was received with royal favours. His lineage goes back to the great Qāān (Cingez). He was s. 'Abdu r-Rashīd s. Sultan Sāid s. Sultan Aḥmad, known as Ālanja K. s. Yunas s. Avīs s. Sher 'Ali Oghtan s. Khiẓr Khhāja s. Tughluq Timur s. Īsā Būgā s. Davā s. Burāq s. Bīsūm Tavā s. Mawatkān s. Caghtāī s. Cingez. Some account of Caghtāī has been given in volume one. Mawātkān was the second son of Caghtāī, whom Cingez loved more than all his other children. Mawātkān was killed by an arrow in 618 (1221 A.D.) under fort Bāmīān. Bīsūn Tavā, his second son, served Cingez till his death. Burāq was first with* Qubla Qāān who sent him to Transoxiana. He was tyrannical, and fought in Persia with* Ayāq s. Hulāgū, and was defeated. In Bokhara he adopted the Aḥmadī (Muḥammadan) religion and took the name of S. Ghīāu-d-dīn. On his death Davā succeeded, and reigned with great splendour. He conquered Trans­oxīana, Turkistan, Badakhshān and Kabul. He attacked Persia several times, and led armies into India, but was unsuccessful. Īsā 554 Būqā reigned, after his father, in Turkīstan, Kāshghar and Moghul­istān. Tughluq Timur (his son) succeeded him. It is said* that Īsā Būqā had two wives, the elder being Sātilmish Khātīm, and the younger Manlīq. It being the rule that the elder wife, in a Moghul tribe, takes charge of the others, Sātilmish learnt, when the Khān was away on an expedition, that Manlīq was pregnant. She gave her to Sharāwal* Dukhtūī who was one of the great officers. When the Khān returned from his expedition, he was vexed at this, but there was no remedy. After the Khān's death there was confusion in the tribe. Amīr Būlājī Dughlat, the grandfather of M. Ḥaidar, proceeded to search, and sent Tāshū Taimūr to enquire, in order that he might get information about Manlīk and her progeny. After much search he found that she was dead, and he brought away her son Tughluq Taimūr K., after a thousand troubles, from the country of the Qalmāqs. At the age of 16* he ascended the throne, and in his 24th year he adopted the Aḥmadī religion. There being a commotion in Trans­oxiana, he marched to that country and by his justice gave it tranquil­lity. He perceived the marks of eternal greatness on the forehead of Ṣāḥibqirànī (Timur) and made* over the country of Kash to him, and gave Transoxiāna to his own men.* After him Ilyās Khwāja K. became ruler. When he died, the Moghal tribe fell into confusion. Amīr Qamaru-d-dīn Dūghlat put to death 18 persons from among the sons and sons-in-law of Tughluq Timur, and sat upon the throne. No descendant of Tughluq Timur survived except Khiẓr Khwājā. Amīr Khudādād, the brother's son of Qamaru-d-dīn, hid the child with the help of the mother (of Khudādād). Ṣāḥīb Qirānī (Timur, i.e., Tamer lane) waged great wars with Qamaru-d-dīn, and when the latter died, Khiẓr Khwāja was raised to the throne. He preserved peace with Timur, and by his prudence Moghalistān was civilised. He took an army several times to Cathay, and got possession of Turfān* and Qarā Khwāja. His daughter Takal* Khānim was exalted by entering Timur's harem. Timur was called Gūrgān because that* is the title of a son-in-law.

Sher 'Alī* Oghlān lived with his brothers after his father's (Muḥammad K.) death and died in early youth.* Avīs K. (Sher Ali's son) served his uncle Sher Muḥammad K. who was ruler of Moghalistān. He took to brigandage (qazzāqī), and fought battles. When Sher Muḥammad K. died, he ascended the Khānī throne. They say he waged 61 wars with the Qalmāqs, and was once victorious. Twice he was captured. Tāshī,* the ruler of the Qalmāqs, respected his high lineage and let him go. When Sātūq K. came against him, he 555 hastened to fight, and in the confusion he was killed by an arrow shot unwittingly* by one of his own men. Confusion arose in the Moghal tribe. After his father's catastrophe Yūnas K. was taken by some to Samarqand to M. Ulugh Beg, and Isā Būqā was made ruler of the Moghals. The Mīrza (Ulugh Beg)* killed many of them and took all that they had.

He sent Yūnas to Shāhrukh, and the latter kindly made him over to Maulānā Sharfu-d-dīn 'Alī Yezdī. From him he got some enlightenment, and when the Maulānā died, he passed into Arabia, Persia, Aẕarbaijān and Fārs. He made Shīrāz his home, bought land and acquired knowledge, and supported himself by his own industry. In his 41st year Sultan Abu S'aīd sent for him and pro­vided him with an army. He sent him off against his brother who had come as an invader. After much fighting he was defeated, but by craft and stratagem he established himself near Farghāna, and men gathered round him. At this time Mīr Saiyid 'Alī, a grandson of Amīr Khudādād, died, and Yūnas' affairs became flourishing.

In a short time Īsā Būqā also died, and then his son Dost Muḥammad K. ascended the throne. In a short time, the govern­ment of Moghalistān became established in Yūnas K.; out of grati­tude he gave his three daughters to M. Abu's sons, viz. Mihrnigār Khānim to Sulṭan Aḥmad, ruler of Samarqand; Sulṭan Nigār Khānim to Sulṭān Maḥmūd K. M. M. Sulaiman's father was born of this marriage. Qutlaq Nigār Khānim he gave to 'Umr S. M. H. M. Getī Sitānī (Bābur) was the offspring of this marriage. He lived for 74 years. At the end of his days he went into retirement* on account of the bad behaviour of his servants.